Acquisition Safety and Quality Support (Supply Chain / Defence)
Location: Emersons Green, Bristol
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: £28,000k – £32,000k + (on-site parking, modern offices, excellent public transport links, flexible working hours)
Conventus Solutions are currently seeking an individual to join our Client’s market-leading and internationally renowned Defence Supply Chain. Our Client is currently working in accordance with the Ministry of Defence, as part of the largest-billing (£8bil) Logistics and Commodities contract, to save the UK taxpayer costs, and to streamline the MoD’s practices.
Our Client offers a multitude of Logistics solutions, including Global Procurement, Storage and Warehousing, Distribution, Inventory Management, Air Freight, Sea Freight and more. With the MoD, they are responsible for the purchasing and storage of Military Clothing, Medical Equipment, Medical Consumables, Pharmaceuticals, Oils, Lubricants, Gases, Firefighting Equipment, Chemicals, Timber, Metals, Plastics, Adhesive Tapes, Sealants, Fasteners, Ropes and Electrical Items.
The Acquisition Safety and Quality Support, working in accordance with the Acquisition Safety and Quality Lead, is responsible for the following:
- Working alongside specialist teams (responsible for each specific category), ensuring that the products/commodities are safely acquired, transported and stored;
- Reviewing Safety/Environmental cases;
- Participating in panels, and;
- Secretarial support.
Successful applicants will have:
- Strong knowledge of Environmental legislation/policy or MoD legislation/policy;
- Experience of reviewing accident / equipment failure reports, and outline trends to offer solutions;
- Ability to assess risk, using strategies such as ALARP or BPEO or COSHH;
- Experience in producing / managing safety risk or hazard logs;
- Experience in implementing Environmental / Safety / Product Quality standards or policies;
- Strengths in MS Office;
- Effective communication skills, being able to converse with stakeholders/senior management.
- A degree from a relevant discipline (Engineering/Environmental Engineering/Logistics/Supply Chain/Safety etc);
- Knowledge of the MoD Air regulatory environmental or working in an MoD Air Commodities Team would be desirable;
- Knowledge of, or ability to apply the principles of Defence Standard 00¬-056 and the MoD Acquisition Safety & Environmental Management System (ASEMS).
Please get in touch with our specialist Consultant, who will be able to answer any queries you may have and can take you through the application process.
0117 332 7500 /
Acquisition Safety | Equipment Safety | Product Safety | Product Quality | Procurement | Clothing | Medical | Pharmaceuticals | Raw Materials | Electrical | MOD | Defence Standards | Def Stan | ASEM | Environmental Legislation | MOD Air | ALARP | BPEO | DSTL Logistics
Job Reference: BBBH356_1538474721
Salary: £28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP