Fantastic opportunity for an Acquisition Safety Support, based in Bristol.
Working with the MoD, our client is looking to strengthen their team in Bristol with the appointment of an Acquisition Safety person in a support role.
Role: The role of Acquisition Safety is to provide support to project teams within a procurement organisation that is purchasing general commoditised items for the UK Ministry of Defence including:
- Military Clothing
- Medical Equipment
- Medical consumables and pharmaceuticals
- Oils, Lubricants and Gases
- Firefighting Equipment
- Timber, metals and polymers
- Adhesives Tapes and Sealants
- Fasteners, ropes and electrical items.
Reporting to the Acquisition Safety and Product Quality Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring that acquisition safety and environmental risks are identified, assessed and managed through life to disposal. The post holder will also be responsible for reviewing Safety and Environmental Cases and participating in Safety & Environmental Panels.
- Experience of the MOD Air regulatory environmental or working in an MOD Air Commodities Team would be desirable.
- Knowledge of, or ability to apply the principles of Defence Standard 00¬-056 and the MOD Acquisition Safety & Environmental Management System (ASEMS).
- Ability to identify and analyse risk and determine strategies to reduce to As Low as Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) or Best Practicable Environmental Option (BPEO).
- Preferably educated to Degree Level or similar in a safety or technical discipline.
Job Reference: BBBH356_1522945000
Salary: £28000.00 - £34000.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: