Project Manager – Defence
Salary: £30k – £36k
Location: Bristol (Currently WFH)
Due to project expansion, our client is seeking a Project Manager to work in support of the Programme Manager within the Defence Support Services. You will be responsible for the usual PM activities, such as organising and maintaining project timelines, initiating requirement documentation, finance and approvals process in support of contract placement. You will manage quarterly review meetings with suppliers and ensure all parties complete the actions required within the agreed meeting time frame. Manage Business and Client expectations in line with the team procurement strategy and time lines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Project and Contract initiation management.
- Manage documentation associated with contract placement.
- Participate in the tender preparation and evaluation process ensuring all business criteria and user requirements are included.
- Integrate new or modified requirements into new or existing contracts.
- Act as the focal point and organiser for all projects assigned to the product group and ensure a constant line of communication between all appropriate parties.
- Assist the Senior Product Manager in preparing reports for the Management Team.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Project Management Experience.
- Good Communicator.
- Good Organiser.
- Ability to work in a team of diverse levels of subject matter experts.
- Ability to take a lead role when required.
- Military experience would be an advantage for some of the product groups as would any Medical or Engineering background.
- Understanding of military logistics and supply chain management.
- A qualification such as APMP, Prince 2 or similar is highly desirable but not essential for the correct candidate.
- Microsoft Windows and MS Office suite.
- Commercial Awareness
- Analytical Ability
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Strong Team Ethic
- Results Driven
- Continuous Improvement
Hold Security Clearance to SC Level or willing to undergo the Security Vetting process.
Job Reference: BBBH950_1625848984
Salary: £30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP