My client has built an enviable reputation within the Water technology industry. They require an experience experienced Supply Chain Manager for a minimum 14 month contract to join a highly driven design and delivery team on an innovative but demanding project. This is a fantastic opportunity for a person with a chemical / wastewater specialist background to join at the start of this pioneering project. Based in Southampton you will be responsible for managing the supply chain requirements of the water treatment process for an Oil production plant based in Egypt.
You will manage the costs, logistics & end to end control procurement process of the wastewater treatment plant and will understand the chemical processes and products required. You will provide all the support to assist with delivery activities. The role requires the individual to work with members of the Design, Commercial and Delivery Teams, to deliver a design solution that meets the client’s requirements including consent levels, reliability, cost and service plans. Please note this position will entail varying degrees of travel, you must be flexible to stay away (no longer than a week at a time) and must be in possession of a full passport & driving license.
You will need to have:
– MCIPS qualification would be advantageous but not essential
– Significant capital projects procurement experience gained within an engineering environment
– Mature and professional approach, able to operate autonomously as a procurement specialist with key project and plant stakeholders
– Strong project management experience
– Excellent budgetary management and commercial acumen
– Excellent contracting, legal and compliance knowledge
– Supplier management experience
– Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
Please reply asap if interested.
Job Reference: SCM022020_1581078502
Salary: Up to £0.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 14 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP